Join The Community!
Vendors, Find Your Tribe
We are cultivating a community market on Virginia’s Eastern Shore. In this space community comes together, is inspired, and displays and sells goods. Eastern Shore Market is fun, creative, local, unique, inspirational, organic, active, and hometown. Here, you aren’t alone in your business, but a part of tribe where vendors support vendors.
So, join us at the Eastern Shore Market, and find your tribe.
Online Market…made easy
Reach more people and sell your goods year round. Give new customers a place to discover your products and returning shoppers a convenient way to buy again. You provide pictures and product information; we set up the rest. We process payment; you pack and ship or prep for local pickup. More visibility, more convenience, more sales. Learn More →
Route 13 Market
Located directly on Route 13 with clear visibility and easy access in both directions, a better spot could not be had. Situated halfway from north to south, directly in the heart of our peninsula, we pull visitors from Cape Charles to Chincoteague…and further.
Vendors may include, but are not limited to:
- Locally branded products from locally owned businesses.
- Artisans such as local artists, painters, photographers, craftsmen, and sculptors.
- Antique dealers: best-of…no cheap yard sale items.
- Farmers and growers offering farm produce, plants, aquaculture products, and cut flowers.
- Food manufacturers: bakers, canners, pastry chefs, artisan cooks.
- Food vendors of all types.
- Manufacturers of all kinds, from furniture makers to coffee roasters.
- Ineligible: No yard sale items. No alcohol, animals, tobacco/smoking/vaping, firearms, items not family-friendly or illegal.
Final vendor approval subject to Eastern Shore Market.
|Online Market Vendor||$20/year|
|Rt 13 Market Vendors|
|Single Space, Per Market||$35|
|Double Space, Per Market||$60|
|Single Space, Full Season (14 markets)||$350|
|Double Space, Full Season (14 markets)||$600|
|Food Truck, Per Market||$35|
|Food Truck, Full Season (14 markets)||$350|
Indicate your interest in becoming an Eastern Shore Market vendor and give your input on how we can make this a success. What works or does not work for you? Do you have any suggestions? By submitting this form you are not obligating yourself in any way.
Advertising – a Collaboration
The key to driving foot traffic is spreading the word. Thus, not only do we advertise through billboards, local media, social media, and digital ads, but also vendors are expected to participate in promoting the market through social media. Through all our collaborative efforts a buzz is created, anticipation built, and all vendors profit.
What We Do
Eastern Shore Market advertises through local media channels of our choosing which may include on-location signs, billboard, newspaper, print, radio, social media, and more.
What You Do
Share and promote your participation in the Eastern Shore Market through your social media.
- Follow Eastern Shore Market on Facebook and Instagram so you receive notice of posts and events, then share those events with your followers. Tag Eastern Shore Market along with prominent ESVA groups and use hashtag #ESVAmarket.
- Like and share posts from other participating vendors.
- Send out an announcement to your email list before each local event.
- Post an announcement on your social media before each local event.
- Post at least one photo to social media while at the event.
Other Promotional Suggestions
Boost Sales After the Event
Make it easy for customers to contact you in the future or pass along your contact information to others.
- Label all products with name, phone, email, website, and other pertinent contact information.
- Bring business cards or other marketing materials that others can take with them.
Get Them Back to Your Business
Have a giveaway at the event, small or large. Let patrons drop their name and number into a box, draw a name at the end of the event, then post the winner on social media. The winner can pick up the item from your shop (gets them to your store) or at the next Coal Kiln Market event (gets them to the next event). Either way, it builds goodwill and awareness of your product. The giveaway would be nice if associated with your product, but it doesn’t have to be. Consider giving away an item from a fellow vendor.
Build Your Email List
Periodically remind folks of your product or service by using an email list. An email list of people actually interested in your product is a powerful tool. Build your email list by having them fill out a small card to enter the giveaway mentioned above, and request email on the card. Don’t make email a requirement. This way, after the event, you’ll have email addresses of people with whom you’ve already interacted to add to your list.
Consider other means to promote your participation in the event.