By opening a vendor account, creating a storefront, or listing products on Eastern Shore Market, you are agreeing to these Vendor Terms and Conditions. These Vendor Terms and Conditions incorporate and are in addition to our standard Terms and Conditions. By agreeing to these Vendor Terms and Conditions, you are agreeing to the standard Terms and Conditions as well.
What We Do
- Supply Eastern Shore Market Services, enabling you to create an online storefront and list your products.
- Process buyer payment.
- Collect and remit sales taxes on goods sold through our website. Any special tax considerations must be discussed with Eastern Shore Market prior to listing your product.
- Help you as need.
What You Do
- Create and maintain an online storefront.
- Create and maintain your products within the online storefront.
- Receive orders from the website.
- Prepare orders for local pickup or shipping. Shipping costs are added to the order according to shipping calculations provided by the vendor and passed to the vendor without a deduction for commission.
- Coordinate any details, disputes, scheduling, or shipping issues directly with the customer.
- Ensure compliance with any local, state, and federal law, including, but not limited to, food product preparation and distribution.
- All vendors selling food products must comply with all local, state, and federal regulations. Food products must be properly labeled. Resources of interest include but are not limited to:
- Packaged foods: Vendors must be registered with the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS). Certain limitations exist for food products able to be sold via internet. Product being sold, means of shipping, local pickup, labeling, and other considerations impact your ability to sell. Reference the VDACS website as well as Home and Commercial Kitchen Based Businesses. For questions, contact VDACS Food Safety at 804‐786‐3520, email@example.com or Courtney Mickiewicz at 757-363-3840, Courtney.Mickiewicz@vdacs.virginia.gov.
- Dairy: VDACS Dairy Services 804-786-1452 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meat & Poultry: VDACS Meat & Poultry 804-786-4569
- Produce: VDACS Produce 804.786.4003 email@example.com
- Seafood (except shellfish & crab): VDACS Food Safety 804‐786‐3520 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shellfish and Crab: Virginia Department of Health, Division of Shellfish Safety (DSS) 757-787-5864. Daniel Miller DSS field office, PO Box 88, 23177 Front Street, Accomack, VA 757-787-5864, Daniel.Miller@vdh.virginia.gov.
- All vendors selling meats, poultry, or seafood must maintain a general liability insurance policy, including products and completed operations liability, in an amount no less than $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate, and name Eastern Shore Market, LLC, 35771 Northfield Drive, Belle Haven, VA 23306 email@example.com as an additional insured. Evidence of this coverage to be provided by a certificate of insurance.
Disputes and Chargebacks
Dispute resolution is the responsibility of the vendor. If a chargeback occurs, the chargeback plus any resulting bank fees will be charged to the vendor and payable to Eastern Shore Market.
Eastern Shore Market will promote the market through a variety of means which may include digital advertising, signs, and billboards. Vendors should continue to promote their business through normal channels but include the Eastern Shore Market as an additional distribution channel. For example: include the link to your online storefront on your business cards, flyers, and other marketing materials. Promote it on social media and tag the Eastern Shore Market to get more reach. Mention fellow vendors in your social media posts and reshare posts from others as well.
Eastern Shore Market makes no representation or warranties about the amount of website traffic or revenue generated as a whole or for any vendor.
Indemnification and Hold Harmless
To the fullest extent permitted by law, the vendor shall indemnify and hold harmless Eastern Shore Market, it’s owners, employees, and agents from and against claims, damages, losses and expenses, including but not limited to attorney’s fees, arising out of or resulting from the vendor’s sale or delivery of products, or use of Eastern Shore Market services. Such obligation shall not be construed to negate, abridge, or reduce other rights or obligations of indemnity which would otherwise exist.